B2B sales are heavily dependent on email marketing. In fact, research claims that email marketing is the most effective marketing strategy in the B2B sales sector. Every single dollar spent on email marketing rakes in many times its profit in the B2B sector.
Tips For Email Marketing In B2B:
Here, we are going to discuss some of the tips for Email marketing in B2B :
- Prioritize your leads – most B2B marketers want to expand their list of leads. But not every lead has equal chances of conversion. All marketing strategies should be focused on leads that have progressed further in their purchasing journey.
- Personalized marketing – in B2B email marketing personalized campaigns have a huge impact. B2B marketers should try to understand the problems and necessities of each lead/customer and then market the specific products/services to them which can resolve those needs.
- Update your email lists regularly – email ids in the corporate world keep changing very quickly. As people change their jobs or move into different positions their email ids also change. So in order to avoid wasted time and energy on incorrect/outdated email ids, it is very important for marketers to regularly re-verify and update their database of leads and customers.
- Keep up with new trends – in a highly competitive business world, most of the time, the same lead is receiving multiple marketing emails from different brands. So in order to make an impact, each marketer has to be up to date with all new developments in marketing while also retaining the unique brand identity. At present video embeds in marketing emails are being found to have a huge impact in creating brand awareness.
The Best B2B Email Marketing Campaigns:
These are templates that have been used by multiple brands to successfully improve their sales volumes:
- News template – in this type of email marketing campaign brands share with their leads/customers news about all new developments of the brand. This can include IPO announcements, new product launches, exciting partnerships, or discount offer announcements. These emails keep the customers engaged with the brand and can build brand awareness.
- Free trial emails – email marketers have also found that when they send welcome emails to customers who sign up for the free trial it builds a rapport with the customer right off the bat. These emails also usually include some information about how to use the purchased service and its benefits. Good welcome emails for B2B free trial customers increase the chances of the customers taking up the paid service after the trial period is over.
- Thank you emails – when customers make a purchase from a company, B2B email marketers usually send them a thank you email with all the post-sales services and contact information for that product/service. This improves customer satisfaction and brand loyalty.
- Customer survey emails – B2B marketers are always looking for more business intelligence to identify their ideal customer and their problems, so email surveys are a great way to collect information and improve the service provided by the seller.
- Up-sell emails- in B2B marketing when service launches a more advanced feature they can send emails to their clients to inform them of the fact. This is generally found to be very effective and most existing clients prefer to upgrade their service. Upselling emails can even be used to encourage and convert monthly users into annual subscribers for service-based businesses.
- Account closing email- when a customer closes their account with a particular brand is the end of that particular customer journey. But when a brand makes it easy for the customer to end their relationship and sends them a confirmation email of the same, it creates a good reputation in the mind of the customer and they may be more inclined to restart their relationship with the brand at a later date.
Email marketing can be very effective and a low-cost marketing tool, if it can be used with proper templates and automation tools.