Have you ever thought of to start a Podcast after listening to it? But many people think that podcasting is an expensive and comprehensive venture. So the good news is that without technical skills, almost anyone can start a podcast, which means the barrier to start a podcast is low. However, it’s not easy to make a successful podcast.
How To Start A Podcast?
How can a podcast listener sift through the feeds and find the right podcast? So here in this article “How To Start A Podcast? Everything You Need To Know!”, you will find how to get started with audio podcasting and why you should create a podcast. To find more about it please continue reading the full article.
What is Podcasting?
Among the techie crowd, the podcast has become the buzz word. It is an online content that is delivered via RSS feed to the computers of subscribed users. The word “podcast” is derived from “pod” as in Apple’s iPod, the popular portable audio player, and “cast” from “broadcast”, meaning “to transmit for general or public use.” The major part of the podcasts is audio files sent to directories through XML feeds and RSS (Really Simple Syndication) formatted XML (eXtensible Markup Language) files. There are some features that make the podcasts different. They are:
- It can be created by anyone: To start a podcast all you need is just a computer and access to a minimal amount of software and Internet technology.
- No limit to the content and topics: Podcasts community more interest like training courses and current events, as well as mainstream broadcasting audiences, like national news programs.
- You can pick and choose: Depending on the interest you can subscribe to any number of the podcast feeds. Whenever they are connected to the internet you will receive alerts when new material is available. Because their computer automatically seeks out new podcasts from the sources they have subscribed to and downloads them to the hard drive.
- Form of “on-demand media”: In the podcast, the user not only chooses the subject and the source of their media content. At the same time, they can now listen to that content at any time and wherever. Also now they can save it for repeated access according to their own timetable.
Steps to Start a Podcast
If you are planning to start a podcast then that’s a good idea. So, for your podcast, here are the steps that you will want to consider before you start.
- Choose a Topic
The very first step you have to do is select a subject that you will love to work on for years. It can be anything like a weekly monologue or interview shows but define your niche clearly before you do anything else.
- Collect the Right Equipment and Software
Choosing the right equipment is important because the audio clarity is critical. So invest a decent mic record and try to record in an echo-free room.
- Use Editing Tools
Podcasts start with a basic intro and outro, so the basic edits and music can be added to your podcast. Editing can be time-intensive but it depends on your bandwidth.
- Enlist for Hosting and Streaming
Your podcast needs to be hosted somewhere so that it’s easy for the audience to download. And the cost depends on the number of downloads. Also to stream your show you have to register it on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play and TuneIn.
- Set up a Dedicated Website
Try to set up a dedicated website to your podcast so that it allows people to interact, ask questions and easily share your show. Also, adding transcripts and show highlights to your website gives a strong SEO value.
Don’t miss to Read 5 Best Clickfunnel Alternatives To Prepare For 2020
Technology Items you will need to Start a Podcast
Here are some tools that are needed for your podcast, in both the gear and software categories. They are:
- Good Microphone
- Pop filter
- A boom
- Skype account
- Recording and editing software
- ID3 Editor
- Podcast hosting account
- Design software
- A vanity URL
I hope you have got a good idea about what you have to do to start a successful podcast. If you are overwhelmed just start a podcast, it could be your sole business or a great marketing channel. If you have questions along the way, feel free to leave a comment.